• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Ryzen 9 7900x high temps

22CamZL1

22CamZL1

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the forum. Hopefully this is the right spot for this. I just finished a new build with a ryzen 9 7900x paired with the corsair h150i AIO. Temps are holding steady at 95-98c at just idle which was worrisome so I jumped on Google and that was a rabbit hole with answers in all directions. Can anyone confirm that this is a safe and normal temp? One then I did notice is when I started playing a game...there was zero fluctuation in temps...stayed at the same 95-98c. Any advice/input is appreciated thank you!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the forum. Hopefully this is the right spot for this. I just finished a new build with a ryzen 9 7900x paired with the corsair h150i AIO. Temps are holding steady at 95-98c at just idle which was worrisome so I jumped on Google and that was a rabbit hole with answers in all directions. Can anyone confirm that this is a safe and normal temp? One then I did notice is when I started playing a game...there was zero fluctuation in temps...stayed at the same 95-98c. Any advice/input is appreciated thank you!
Perfectly okay as long as your 7900x outputs the performance it should and you're not completely idle at those temps. You can compare your result against our Ryzen 9 7900X Cinebench R23 score here - https://www.cgdirector.com/cinebench-r23-scores-updated-results/